If you are a skilled Finance professional with a thorough knowledge of financial tools, techniques and guidelines, seize this exceptional opportunity to act as a change agent, partnering with business process owners and managers to understand financial results and improve on them year over year. As a Manager, Finance – Business Decision Support, you will provide guidance to business owners through financial analysis and insight, development of strategic targets, measurements, and improvement alternatives, and sound financial controls and indicators.
As a Finance Manager, you will:
- Create a positive work environment and culture within the department, provide clear objectives and performance expectations for staff, and ensure that staff are provided with the support necessary to deliver against the expectations of their roles.
- Understand key financial and operational drivers of performance and integrate these into financial model for analysis and forecasting in order to assess progress being made toward financial goals and objectives.
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and year-over-year results and trends, produce and update rolling forecast and ensure accuracy and integrity of data and information used resulting in the ability to anticipate and clarify future issues, risks and opportunities.
- Assess risk and analyze proposed alternatives for corrective actions to meet plan objectives and targets, escalate as necessary, and conduct proactive trend analyses with best practice reviews.
- Manage all aspects of customer accounts, ensuring that the data is accurate and current, and ensure that customers have easy access to knowledgeable staff to resolve enquiries.
- Promote consistent implementation and use of corporate financial policies, processes, guidelines and tools in order to maintain integrity, safeguard corporate assets, and mitigate risk.
- Conduct financial evaluation and assessment of new business and/or customer opportunities and apply standard costs impact analysis and modeling techniques to evaluate and project benefits and risks.
- Investigate and analyze processes and performance gaps in order to identify root cause insights of known gaps, and report (both verbally and in writing) on recommendations for performance improvement plans.
- Control capital investments and program expenses through application of a rigorous Corporate Investment Process.
- Assess business cases for alignment with key strategic thrusts, validate financial assumptions, and ensure quality and completeness of information.
- Initiate, lead and present data and recommendations at regular performance reviews, discussing monthly results with business process owners, managers, and multi-disciplinary teams members.
You bring a successful track record to the role of Manager, Finance – Business Decision Support:
- A college diploma or degree in a related field such as Commerce, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Relevant professional designation, i.e., CPA (CA, CMA or CGA).
- At least 5 years’ experience in a finance or an accounting environment, with a combination of 5 years’ experience in analyzing and reporting of financial information; forecasting; budgeting; and risk management.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Good knowledge of IFRS, accounting policies and Internal Control over Financial Reporting.
- Strong business acumen, and negotiation, relationship-building and management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Intermediate MS Access skills.
- Experience with SAP.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this job (Job ID 443) via the Canada Post Careers website, click on the following URL:
Discover your future. Broad horizons.
There’s much more to a fun and exciting work life at Canada Post than a good job with a great company. We’ll help you achieve your full potential. You’ll find opportunities to develop and expand your career, chances to try out new jobs in different areas of the company, or even a complete change of career path.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.