AIM is actively seeking a disciplined, focused, and results-orientedindividual with strong full cycle accounting experience, who is eager to showcase their talent for reporting, AR/AP, reconciliations, and financial analysis to join our rapidly growing team as the Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager...
Reporting to the Comptroller, the Accounting Manager is responsible for: the day-to-day accounting operations, supervision of direct reports and support of the overall business operations. In this role, the incumbent will oversee/perform a broad array of accounting duties, including AR, AP, cash receipts, bank reconciliations, general ledger, fixed asset activity and financial reporting and analysis. The Accounting Manager will identify, recommend and implement changes that support/improve internal accounting principles and procedures. This position is a "hands on" role, combining both tactical and supervisory responsibilities.
- Process daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly financial transactions;
- Complete bank reconciliations, cash flow and account analysis;
- Review and establish accounting procedures and protocols, as required;
- Prepare/submit all tax filings (GST/HST, PST, QST, AB, NS etc.);
- Process AR/AP, including invoice preparation, reconciliation and follow-up on outstanding invoices;
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reporting;
- Supervise and contribute to the professional development of direct/indirect reports;
- Additional duties and projects, as assigned.
Qualifications & Abilities:
- Post-secondary Accounting education is required.
- Valid professional Accounting designation; designation in progress/close to completion may be considered, in combination with experience.
- 5 to 8 years of practical, hands-on accounting work experience.
- Previous experience working in a small to medium size business required; owner-operator/family business exposure an asset.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and willing to 'roll up sleeves' to get the job done.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation, both internal/external.
- Excellent communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, develop strong professional relationships at all levels of the organization, ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Highly organized, self-directed, committed to quality, detail and results oriented. Able to effectively delegate tasks, manage time and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office; intermediate to advanced level Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Advanced proficiency in Accounting and ERP applications; knowledge of SAGE/Intacct an asset.
- Previous supervisory experience (asset).
- Internal/External audit experience (asset).
- Experience working with different provincial/federal tax systems and remote teams (asset).
- Previous experience with/exposure to ADP payroll (asset).
- Experience working with European divisions, vendors and suppliers (asset).
- Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be asked to undergo a full background check, including business, credit and criminal references.