Collins Barrow Durham LLP in Courtice is seeking experienced accountants with their Canadian CPA (CA, CGA or CMA) designations. The continued growth of our dynamic team has resulted in the opportunity for two talented, motivated individuals who are focused on customer service to join our team.
Collins Barrow Durham has strong community roots and believes in providing our clients with high quality personalized services. Our success depends upon attracting, developing and retaining strong professionals and clients.
We offer the opportunity to achieve life balance through progressive career development and coaching, flexible work arrangements, and a competitive total compensation package with benefits.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with a diverse client base of small to mid-sized owner managed businesses across many industries, not for profit organizations, professional services, and individuals
- Completion of assurance engagements;
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns;
- Communication with clients
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified Canadian CPA (CA, CGA or CMA) designation with public accounting experience
- Sound knowledge of GAAP, audit and review procedures and tax compliance
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn and develop
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize, monitor and deliver
- Team player with motivation
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, which can be conflicting with one another
- Three to five years of progressive experience with a Canadian Public Accounting firm
- Experience with Caseware, Taxprep, and QuickBooks is valued
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly in MS Excel
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience and qualifications and the opportunity to excel in a dynamic public accounting environment.
All resume information is received in confidence and we thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Collins Barrow Durham LLP is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Upon request, we will accommodate accessibility needs throughout the recruitment and selection process, as applicable.