Manager of Financial Accounting
ARE YOU SOMEONE WHO TAKES PRIDE IN EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT AND OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE?
We are currently seeking strong Finance Professionals for upcoming opportunities in GTA Toronto (FOR CONTRACT, PROJECT ROLES, duration of 6-12 months).
The Manager of Financial Accounting will be a key member of our Accounting Group by performing month-end close activities, provide financial information and analysis within a fast paced environment with strict deadlines. Providing direction and overseeing the accounting team in achieving the department goals and timelines is also key.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage accounting team by providing support and direction in daily and monthly activities as well as other performance management duties
- Promote and foster a positive working environment driven by teamwork and process improvement
- Responsible for monthly divisional accounting close processes and meeting strict corporate deadlines
- Reviewing monthly financial costing and results of operations for accuracy and reasonability
- Performing investigation and problem solving of financial transactions
- Review and approval of reconciliations and journal entries
- Respond to requests from external and internal auditors on a timely basis for areas of responsibility
- Provide financial support to operational management within the division
- Fixed asset review and reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor's degree in Finance/Business/Accounting
CPA certified, combined with 3+ years of related work experience.
Knowledgeable in IFRS, able to apply standards to determine proper accounting treatment.
Be able to cultivate effective relationships, be team-orientated, take strong initiative
Have excellent computer skills, experience with SAP, Peoplesoft, and Oracle ERP will be an asset
If you are interested in the Manager of Financial Accounting position and meet the requirements as outlined, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting 05050-9500775876 in the subjct line of your email.