Senior Financial Analyst
Contract: up to 24 months
Intergrated Business Support-Human Services
Are you an individual with a strong accounting background, who utilizes their analytical thinking to envision process improvements in their work?
We are looking for an individual who can use their accounting skillset to provide recommendations on best practices and build alternative methods to achieve improved results. With an accounting mindset, and a strong ability to work strategically and independently, we are looking for you to review the current scope of work, and advise on more adequate means of efficiency.
You will provide senior financial analytical support through analysis of, and reporting on, external Service Providers and related subsidy issues within the Human Service programs. This includes assessing the impact of changes in subsidy levels, developing program subsidy budgets and forecasts, reviewing of applicable legislations and policies for subsidy implications, developing accountability frameworks to ensure provider compliance/viability, and supporting the development of subsidy policies and procedures. This position will also assist the Supervisor by providing advice, training and/or guidance to staff in the section.
What you will do:
- Research, analyze and develop analytical and modeling systems, including assessing the impact of changes in subsidy
- Perform complex analysis of existing subsidy models and funding data, including reporting on subsidy utilization
- Perform complex subsidy calculations
- Analyze and report on financial statements from external clients
- Prepare higher level government reporting of program subsidy funding, including documentation for and support of annual audits
- Play a key role in sectional corporate report, including develop program funding budgets and forecasts and reconcile program funding accounts
- Calculate key performance indicators, benchmarks and measures related to program funding
- Research, analyze and develop subsidy implications for Council and Board reports
- Research and review of applicable legislations and policies for funding implications
- Support the development of funding policies and procedures for external clients
- Provide advice, training and/or guidance to staff in the section when necessary
- Assist Supervisor or program staff with ad hoc reports and analysis as required
What we require:
- Relevant University degree and professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using financial spreadsheet software
- Familiarity with Housing and Early Years/Child Care program(s) would be an asset
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Detail oriented and accurate
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
If this opportunity matches your skillset and qualifications, please apply online at www.peelregion.ca/hr.