- Current General Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario or relevant education deemed appropriate by Riverside Health Care;
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant nursing experience in critical and medical/surgical care;
- Experience in rural nursing, working with Aboriginal people is an asset;
- Knowledge of community agencies, long term care, convalescent care and other health and services agencies – locally and regionally;
- Proficient in using MS Office application, including MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and other computer skills necessary for communication and research;
- Knowledge of Informed Decision Making, Patient Capacity, Patient Rights, Consent for Treatment, and Alternate Level of Care (ALC)
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others both internal and external to the organization;
- Possess effective communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills;
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and problem solving;
- Knowledge of, and in compliance with relevant legislation in health and safety and employment, (OH&S Act and its Regulations, WSIB, Human Rights)
- Physically capable of performing essential duties of the job
- Coordinates and facilitates care provided to all patients and co-operates with other health disciplines and personnel of other departments in providing for the patients total needs from admission through to discharge.
- Promotes and provides oversight for the patient care experience at RHC (general);
- Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals;
- Promotes and plans initiatives to meet Riverside Health Care’s vision, mission and values.