- To administer direct nursing care for patients.
- Provide indirect patient care by ensuring the proper preparation, maintenance, cleaning and assembly of equipment utilized in operative procedures.
- Utilize clinical and technical skills in OR, Day Surgery, Endoscopy, and Clinics.
- Provide support for patient care and technical aspects of care in Recovery
- Perform all essential duties of the Perioperative Registered Practical Nurse scope of practice, including Perioperative Scrub and circulating responsibilities.
- Administer nursing care for patients autonomously
- Participate in Endoscopy / Day Surgery units/clinics on a rotation basis
- Take on-call duty as assigned.
- Participate in educational activities to maintain and advance competency and experience in all areas of Perioperative patient care.
- All other duties as assigned.
· Registered Practical Nurse (R.P.N.)
· Medication Courses
· Current BCLS
· I.V. Therapy
· Operating Room Clinical Program Certificate
· Minimum 2 years Medical / Surgical experience.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and function well under stress and crisis situations.
· Ability to work all shifts.
· Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse with College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Physical Assessment Course
· Previous OR / Ambulatory Care / Clinical Setting / Trauma / Cardiac experience