Veterans Care Program
Parkwood Institute - Main Building
The Veterans Care Program assists war service Veterans whose daily functioning and health is affected by chronic illnesses as well as physical and mental health problems. You will provide quality care and work within a comprehensive interdisciplinary team to promote the health and well being and meet the social, emotional and spiritual needs of Veterans requiring substantial assistance with activities of daily living. We support Veterans to be as independent as possible and to reach their full capability within a safe environment. Families are key partners in our care team and are supported by the team to adjust and adapt to the changing needs of their family member.
(May be required to work anywhere within the program)
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Valid CPR certificate
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to establish positive relationships with customers and to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to be self directed and direct others
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics to meet the physical demands of the position
- Previous experience in geriatric nursing