Registered Practical Nurse – Advanced Footcare
Part-time to full-time
Come and join our small team of footcare nurses providing services in the North York, North Toronto and Markham area. We are a well-established private company providing nursing footcare services for over 20 years in residential facilities and to clients in their own homes. We are looking for an experienced nurse to work with existing home clients and in our facilities. Enjoy developing long-term relationships with your clients and other footcare nurses. No weekend or holiday work. Competitive compensation for time and mileage. You will work independently, plus some collaborative work with existing sales staff to suggest areas of growth.
- Provide ongoing nursing footcare to our clients as scheduled both in home and in clinics or residence facilities
- Keep thorough medical records of each visit
- Connect with office staff at mutually agreed upon days and times to deliver used instruments and reports
- Willing to be proactive in promoting nursing footcare services through brochure placement and education
- Member in good standing with the CNO - RPN or RN
- Completion of Basic, Advanced and Diabetic Foot Care through a recognized certification course
- A minimum of one (1) year advanced nursing footcare experience
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated planning and initiative
- Proven ability to manage charts and ensure timely footcare to all clients
- Completed the Alzheimer’s course on Dementia Care for frontline workers (or similar experience)
- Thorough and detail-oriented records management
- Ability to work with and relate well to other facility staff and your coworkers
- Strong problem solving abilities; willing to participate in peer reviews when needed
- Experience with on-line charting is a plus
Must have own car, including valid driver’s license and current insurance. Personal cell phone is required for scheduling and communication. Satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required before the first day of your employment.
Email addresses won't be used for marketing purposes, they will only be used for sending this opportunity.
© 2013 Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario