HL Engineering Ltd. is actively looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineering Technologist who can work independently in mechanical engineering field of designing heating, ventilating and air-conditioning, plumbing, and fire protection systems to fit building specifications for new constructions and individually designed for retrofitting older buildings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation and production of drawings, schematics, and specifications of new construction and renovation of building service systems such as heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, and fire protection systems for commercial, residential, and government facilities.
- Attend meeting with client and perform pre-design site review. Prepare review report for inspection of existing mechanical system condition of renovation project.
- Detailed HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems designing in compliance with OBC (Ontario Building Codes), ASHRAE standards, NFPA codes, includes sizing ductwork/piping, air flow rate and pressure loss determination, sprinklers layout etc.
- Optimize capital cost, life cycle cost and system performance by building cooling/heating load calculation and building energy consumption modeling and make system/equipment selection recommendation for clients, such as selection of roof top unit (RTU), boiler, cooling tower, heat pump, exhaust fan etc.
- Review customer specifications, shop drawings and generate project task list and schedules.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and review other discipline drawings and documents such as structural, electrical, architectural, landscape and civil. Cooperate with contractors and manufactures for technical and administrative support regarding to mechanical system and equipment through all phases of the project.
- Issue documents, drawings, specifications and calculations to building management department of each municipality and prepare contract/tender documents for bid.
- Perform construction site review and verify if equipment/system installation matching approved drawings and specifications. Issue completion letter, field review report and “as-built” drawing after construction.
- Completion of a three - year college program in mechanical engineering technology;
- A minimum of two years experience in Mechanical Engineering Technologist position and required with an in-depth knowledge of HAVC, plumbing and fire protection system designing;
- Experienced in using automated office technology and computer-aided design (CAD);
- Willing to travel and take shifts;
- Be able to attention to detail and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.