Located in Milton Ontario, Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International. At Magna we believe our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what's next, determine what's needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for ensuring purchasing cost targets, timing requirements and technical requirements are met from the supply base. Interface with external suppliers and internal groups to ensure all aspects of supply chain are reviewed and maintained.
Here is what you will focus on:
- Develops and executes effective bidding, negotiation, and pricing strategies
- Provides support and assistance, in conjunction with the Purchasing Leaders, to the Program Buyers and MRO buyer as required.
- Prepares and analyzes reports
- Work closely with suppliers to develop a mutually beneficial, long term relationship.
- Develop, implement and manage commodity strategy.
- Generate commodity cost estimates to build sourcing, negotiation, and supplier development strategies
- Oversees the activities of the Program Buyers and MRO buyer with respect to completion of 5 year Business Plan and achieving timing targets for completion.
- Provide support and assist in developing Buyer skills with respect to both supplier and commodity sourcing
- Provide support to manufacturing plants for both strategic issues and supplier performance issues.
- Develop plans and support of new program launches and projects
- Assist in further developing the analysis, evaluation and modification of purchasing methods and procedures
- Collaborate with Production/Manufacturing Engineering/ Product Engineering/Program Management to verify compliance to budget, timing, terms of SOW and Magna Terms and Conditions.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure the best possible value, and reviewing their capabilities to ensure they can meet and/or exceed all program deliverables.
- Supports on time delivery to help timely program completion, and help maximize Modatek Systems profits
- Drive innovation and focus activities on continuous improvement within the Supply Chain organization.
- Conducts activities in SAP and other Information Systems to support purchasing
- Ensures successful and timely implementation of approved engineering changes by closure of all commercial issues with suppliers
- Prepares, negotiates and executes all contracts according to Modatek Systems policies and procedures, and in accordance with government regulations
- Exercises ample expertise and flexibility to procure all emergency requirements in cooperation with requisitioning departments and other supporting segments in the organization to ensure project completion
- Communicates effectively with all requisitioning departments, and arranges for proper and accurate information exchanges between originator and supplier
- Ensures that all applicable GST and Provincial Tax Exemptions are claimed to the advantage of Modatek Systems
- Reconciles variances between Purchase Orders and Invoices (Price, Quantity, Inco terms, Terms of Payment)
- Reviews Trade Bulletins on a regular basis to provide awareness of market trends
- Ensures purchase orders are entered in a timely manner
- Maintains supplier files, purchase prices, price fluctuations and quality records (SAP/Share point)
- Other duties to support the Purchasing department objectives and other related functions
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft OfficePost-secondary Degree/Diploma and minimum five (5) years purchasing experience.
- In-depth experience in a multi-module ERP System (preferably SAP)
- Good mathematical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to meet deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Works independently with minimum supervision and possesses the ability to work within a team structure
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
- Eligible to travel outside of Canada with a required valid passport
What you can expect from us:
- A great work experience
- Extended Health Benefits
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Group RRSP with employer match
- Educational reimbursement program
- Team Member appreciation events
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.