We are looking for a Junior Linux System Administrator to join the Workopolis Technology team. This role requires a unique individual who is a quick learner passionate about technologies, building reliable scalable infrastructure and embracing leading edge trends.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Linux and the Cloud to gain the experience to become a Devops engineer. Your time will be spent working with and learning many of the latest technologies, automating software deployments in the cloud and working with the Development and QA teams improving software deployment.
You will be part of a small team where every individual is a significant contributor taking on accountability for ensuring the high quality of our services.
Here's what you will get to do:
- Maintain configure and build our Linux, IIS, HA Proxy and Apache Servers
- Research and implement containerization software using Docker
- Maintain, configure and automate processes in AWS
- Design, construct, integrate, test, and support of reliable and reusable software solutions
- Continuously improve and automate the deployment and proactive monitoring of infrastructure and software
- Work closely with DEV and QA teams to ensure all systems and software are optimized
- Maintain, improve and build continuous integration systems
- Provide technical assistance for code builds and deployments
- Create monitoring solutions and instrument applications to provide insights into performance.
- Perform software, firmware and hardware upgrades/patching to ensure the integrity of network infrastructure components (physical and virtual)
- Design, documentation and support of server automation (ie. Ansible)
- Installation/Configuration of SAN systems
- Troubleshoot build and maintain our web sites and internal systems
- Write automation tools and scripts for the maintenance of systems
- Identify solutions to problems and proactively seek improvements in reliability and performance of Workopolis systems and products
Here's what we're looking for:
- Strong Linux skills
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., PowerShell, Python, Bash and Perl
- Familiarity with Amazon Web services
- Experience working with databases including MySQL, Redis and Couchbase
- Experience working with GIT, Subversion, and CVS
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong Technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software and standards
- The ability to work independently, manage priorities and think outside the box
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills
Join our team and work out of our new space at 1 Yonge Street.
Workopolis will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.