Civil Engineer - Regular Full Time
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known
as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people
who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is looking for a positive, dynamic, results-oriented Civil Engineer that possesses exceptional people skills to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Public Works, our Civil Engineer is responsible for supervisory, administrative and professional engineering work with responsibility for the planning and budgeting of effective municipal infrastructure including roads, drainage, water, and sewer systems.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we would like to meet you!
- You have a passion for people and are skilled at building positive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- You are an effective and collaborative team builder who values and rewards contribution
- You have strong analytical skills and a track record of implementing best practices and workplace improvements.
- You exercise a high degree of initiative, independent judgment and action
- You are an Engineering guru with an extensive knowledge of the methods, practices and processes used in the field
- You have the proven ability to plan, review and supervise, both directly and indirectly, a range of employees
- You have exceptional internal and external customer service skills and believe in servient leadership
- You have a University degree in Civil Engineering
- You have considerable related municipal engineering experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You are registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia as P.Eng or EIT.
- You take your work very seriously but not yourself
- You are fun and playful in your approach to work and life
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
- We support your professional development and health with our Education Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- We offer a total compensation package including pension, benefits and a salary that can grow to over 111k+ per year
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs to competition # 17-014e by February 15, 2017. Please upload a 1 page cover letter document attachment demonstrating how your qualifications and/or experience match the position and include all degrees and certifications.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.