This position is for the Cosma Canada/USA Group Office, a Group of Magna International. Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
The Group Quality Manager is responsible for supporting the QA Managers to meet Division/Group goals in accordance with the Magna Charter and Cosma/Magna policies.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and essential duties required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To remain current in all aspects of quality assurance and provide support, advise, and influence where appropriate and necessary to all leaders.
- Know and understand process documentation and customer specific requirements as they relate to the job function.
- Support divisions by assisting in assessing and developing suppliers, and training divisions to do assessments.
- Support Quality Director and Assist Division's QA Managers and support the customer in resolving issues.
- Monitor key launch CPMP/LPNP gate reviews and follow up on open quality-related items for resolution.
- Conduct audits as required to support successful launches.
- Track Division's KPI's and benchmark to drive continuous improvement.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across Divisions and Group.
- Supports regular meetings with QA Managers.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all Divisions.
- Participate in recruiting for Divisions as required.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting Cosma/Magna objectives.
- Encourage professional development to enhance team performance.
- Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures and Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environmental programs (ie. IATF16949, ISO14001)
- Understands, promotes and lives by Magna's philosophies and Employee Charter
- Foster an environment of employee engagement for Continuous Improvement, while supporting the Magna Operating Principles, and World Class Manufacturing concepts
- Other duties that may be assigned