Sandvik Materials Technology is seeking an
Location: Arnprior, Ontario Canada (relocation assistance provided)
Sandvik Materials Technology Division is a leading manufacturer of seamless tube and pipe in an extensive program of stainless steels, nickel alloys, titanium, zirconium and other advanced materials.Reporting to the General Manager, you will oversee and be a part of a high performance, and multi- disciplinary team. The selected incumbent will solve problems, through collaboration with engineering, production, quality control, skilled trades, technology and the management group. As the Engineering Manager you will play a leading role in the growth and expansion of our company.
- The selected incumbent will provide technical leadership to plan and direct engineering design projects related to the plant, grounds, services and manufacturing equipment used in the production facility, machine shop and tool manufacturing area according to applicable codes and standards
- Review released products to improve manufacturing yield, field reliability and or product cost
- Help the team meet and or exceed project and design goals. Including performance schedules, cost and quality as established in the project plan
- He or she will supervise other engineering and continuous improvement department staff and work with production department staff in the identifying of project needs, concept development, feasibility studies and proposal finalization
- Prepare reports, proposals, and tender bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required
- Developing technical standards and details related to the mechanical engineering practices, ensuring best practices for project delivery and sustainable building construction
- He or she will be responsible for detailing the work, schedule development and expenditure control to bring the project successfully into use, fully integrated with the existing equipment
- Plan and direct the implementation of all plant engineering projects and provide professional engineering authority to the same
- Implement changes to plant equipment and procedures to improve employee safety
- Plan, direct and coordinate the activities and personnel of the engineering and continuous improvement department
- Through your subordinates provide engineering support for plant projects (design, prototype drawings, calculations, gantt charts etc.) and produce new drawings, revise existing drawings in support of engineering projects and tooling.
- International travel 10-20% of the time
- Other duties as assigned
- MS Office Suite (Word- Intermediate level, PowerPoint - Intermediate level, Excel- Advanced)
- Solid Works / AutoCAD preferred but will look at someone who has 3D Design experience
- PLC- Allen Bradley or Siemens would be an asset
- Experienced in planning and executing major projects related to industrial machinery installation
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and oral
Experience, Education and Certifications:
- Required University Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- You must be a registered professional Engineer
- 8+ years of design and process engineering experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
- You are experienced in planning and executing major projects related to industrial machinery installation
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in order to effectively manage your team of engineering support staff
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
- Ability to travel internationally and be able to obtain a valid clean passport and travel visa’s
- Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
- Qualified candidates can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Engineering Manager, Job Opening #347461. We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported.
- We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.