Presstran Industries, a division of Magna International located in St. Thomas, Ontario, has developed an enviable reputation as a supplier to the automotive industry known for the high quality of its product and the excellence of its service. Presstran's lines of automotive stampings and welding assemblies are used in front motor compartments, underbody structures, truck frame components and front and rear suspensions as well as non-automotive applications
The Quality Coordinator works to develop, implement, maintain and improve documented systems, TS-16949 and other quality related systems. They work closely with all departments and subcontractors /Suppliers to ensure that subcontractors /suppliers meet or exceed quality standards and specifications including those required by TS-16949 and ISO14001 for products, processes, services, and documentation requirements. The Quality Coordinator controls Incoming Quality of products and services and implements proactive plans for continuous improvement through supplier development
1. Co-ordinates and leads activities related to operating systems and TS-16949.
2. Implementation and maintenance of processes & procedures to current versions of the standard.
3. Follows up closure of TS-16949 internal audit corrective actions.
4. Schedules and analyzes internal audits and makes recommendations to improve systems.
5. Facilitates assists and provides training in problem-solving and other quality techniques.
6. Develops computer related systems (databases, etc.) to systematize Q.A. processes and systems.
7. Abides by all plant health, safety and environmental rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
8. Follows and adheres to requirements of current customer quality and environmental management systems standards.
9. Frequently search customer web sites or other sources of information to receive and communicate customer requirements to department managers or designate for review.
10. Updates graphs, charts and other documents to communicate with other team members the progress of key process measurable.
11. Schedules and performs subcontractor audits/visits in co-operation with appropriate Presstran team members as per planned schedule for supplier development and continuous improvement in supplier products, processes, services and delivery.
12. Follows up with subcontractors and verifies successful implementation of corrective and preventive actions as part of development activities.
13. Reviews subcontractors' prints and specifications. Designates SC's and CC's and issues and/or updates "Subcontractor Quality Requirements" forms.
14. Initiate, review, approve / reject and follow-up with subcontractors on PPAP submissions.
15. Maintain subcontractor PPAP / Corrective Actions and other related documentation submitted to Presstran.
16. Define, Implement and Maintain Supplier product receiving inspection.
17. Review Supplier NCR on daily basis, monitor material disposition and get supplier product returned.
18. Develop / report and monitor receiving inspection measurables, in order to improve quality of incoming products.
19. Contact subcontractors and initiate Subcontractor Corrective Action Reports (SCAR) for suspect or defective products.
20. Follow up on SCAR's to verify subcontractor completion of corrective actions and closure of NCR's.
21. Work with Presstran personnel on APQP and cross-functional teams to deal with subcontractor component, fastener and material issues.
22. Reviews internal functions, materials or ES testing on subcontracted components for PPAP submissions.
23. Revise and maintain Subcontractor Requirements Manual.
Knowledge and Education
1. University or post-secondary graduate with a technical and/or business degree / diploma.
2. Must possess automotive quality and/or engineering functions experience.
3. Certified Internal or Lead Audit with knowledge of processes, procedures and other related documentation.
4. Proficient computer literacy with CAD, Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook.
5. Skill gained by experience over 3 years of practical Quality Management Systems implementation.
6. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills are required.
7. Skill gained by experience - 3 years of automotive, Q.A., and/or quality Coordinator experience including practical experience implementing TS-16949 procedures, APQP, PPAP submissions, GD&T, Flow Diagrams, FMEA's, Control Plans, and working independently with tooling and material subcontractors.
8. Planned and Executed Incoming Inspection Systems and processes.
Equipment: Various checking fixtures, various measuring instruments, associated hand tools, electronic data collectors, telephone, photocopier(s), fax machine, PC, etc. Software: Excel, Microsoft Office, statistical software, databases, Mechanical Desktop, etc
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Magna International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.