Discover what’s possible.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Instrumentation Engineer - Reliability Edmonton, AB
As the Instrumentation Engineer - Reliability at Imperial's Strathcona Refinery, you responsibilities may include:
- Improving operational safety and reliability by developing cost effective repair and preventative maintenance strategies and solutions for instrumentation equipment
- Supporting engineering and field execution for maintenance and capital projects
- Maintaining design standards for new facilities or equipment upgrades and ensuring that company standards and practices are followed
- Supporting and leading work planning and scheduling activities
- Initiating, developing and implementing reliability improvement projects within your area of assigned responsibility
- University degree (Bachelors or Masters) in instrumentation or electrical engineering
- Ten (10) years of instrumentation related industrial experience including a minimum of five years practical experience in an operating oil refinery or petrochemical facility
- Eligibility for professional engineering membership in the Province of Alberta
- Experience with troubleshooting of equipment for the measurement and control of flow, pressure and temperature in challenging service conditions
- Training and experience in application of reliability centered maintenance (RCM) tools
- Excellent communication skills, high levels of self-initiative, strong desire to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment where work at heights and in confined spaces will be required occasionally
- Occasional travel may be required
Please submit your application at imperialoil.ca/careers by April 16, 2017.
Benefits to You
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Competitive vacation package - vacation is commensurate with work experience (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date), one scheduled Friday off per month and five floating days annually for use at your discretion.
Successful applicants must:
- Participate in pre-employment background screening
- Be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at imperialoil.ca/careers
LinkedIn/Imperial-Oil • Twitter/ImperialOil • YouTube/ImperialOil