4D Technologies, a technology firm specializing in developing robotics for the retail industry, is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer with strong communication, technical and process skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team.
- Create new and alter existing technical drawings in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and/or Inventor
- Source parts and hardware as required from online, as well as local, vendors
- Send completed designs to manufacturers for production
- Physically test completed parts, once received, and alter designs as required if faulty
- Maintain close communication with company director throughout entire process
Education, Experience and Assets
- Certified mechanical engineer with at least 5 years experience with at least two of the above listed software programs
- Expert English communication skills
- Possesses 2-D ability in creation and revision of part drawings, including accurate dimensioning and tolerancing required for manufacturing
- Proven experience to take mechanical designs from concept to integration and into production
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Electromechanical experience is seen as an asset
Applicants should be available to work weekends and evenings when required. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.