Position Available: Team Leader (Electrical and Mechanical – 2 positions)
Status: Regular Full-Time
Shifts: Days (flexibility required)
The Team Lead provides leadership and support on a daily basis to a staff of qualified tradespeople in order to maintain buildings, site and all building services to ensure maximum efficiency while performing daily maintenance and repairs, preventive maintenance, routine operational checks and inspections, minor renovations, and safety inspections throughout the Hospital and grounds in a cost effective manner. This position includes overseeing work assignments, prioritizing tasks, organization of labour and materials and working directly with skilled trades and contractors including working hands on support as required.
This position is expected to be available for overtime, phone calls and call backs at any time, and is included in the Facilities on call schedule. Incumbent also acts as a “super user” departmental trainer. Team Leads must be specialized in a Mechanical and/or Electrical capacity.
- Must possess a valid Certificate of Qualification (Ontario License) Electrician or valid Certificate of Qualification (Ontario License) Millwright or other Mechanical trade or community college graduate in a relevant discipline.
- Certified Gas Technician G1/G2 or 3rd/4th class Operating Engineer
- Additional Certificate of Qualification in a related field is an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working as a licensed Electrician or Millwright in a Facilities maintenance leadership role.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working as a Maintenance Team Lead position.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and deadlines and highly developed time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of complex building systems and control circuits and wiring.
- Advanced knowledge of building automation systems (BAS).
- Additional mechanical and electronic experience would be an asset.
- Excellent record keeping, computer, communication and training skills
- Hospital experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of all applicable codes, standards and guideline.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Availability to work overtime including call backs, as required.