- Concept and detailed design development and evaluation of structures and/or additional equipment by means of 2D and 3D CAD.
- Provide support to the sales staff to ensure that all bid proposals are technically correct, commercially viable as well as being thoroughly planned and executed.
- Take responsibility for a broad range of major and minor engineering projects with tasks varying from initial project estimation and tender submission through to final contract negotiation and project design.
- Research into the feasibility, design, operations and performance of mechanical systems of MMD Sizers.
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems of MMD Sizers at mine sites throughout Canada.
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems at mine sites within Canada.
- Document designs and solutions in drawings and reports.
- Work directly with engineering staff, sales staff and customers to produce drawings and bills of material from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions.
- Work closely with all departments in the company as and where required.
- Design and produce drawings of fabrication components. Create bill of material (BOM).
- Effectively communicate information to co-workers, customers and suppliers, which they require to do their jobs. This communication must be objective and accomplished in a neutral to positive manner.
Required skills/Personal Traits
- Proficient with 2D CAD design and drafting with the ability to use industry standard CAD systems for design and documentation.
- Computer literate.
- Advanced knowledge of;
o SolidWorks 3D CAD
o SolidWorks File & Data Management.
- Knowledge of standard design codes and specifications.
- Background in structural engineering is preferred.
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Valid Driver's License with clean abstract.
- Relevant educational requirements.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High attention to detail and results.
- Mechanical and technical skills and knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Experience in design for manufacturability and assembly.