Process Engineering Analyst
Greater Toronto Area
Canada Post is looking for the best and brightest engineers for a fast-moving career within the company. If you have a track record of successfully designing and managing process improvement projects built on excellent analytical and conceptualization skills, plus an above-average academic track record, we would like to recruit you for one of our full-time Process Engineering vacancies.
Canada Post has an extensive collection and delivery network supported by industry-leading processing technologies. Your role as an Analyst, Process Engineering, could see you design and manage changes to our sorting, transportation and delivery processes as we evolve to meet our customers’ needs.
Our Engineering Department is leading the transformational process at Canada Post and seeks collaborative, confident and professional individuals like you. We offer a wide array of opportunities to exhibit your skills – ranging from process improvement, system analysis and facility design to project management.
Travel may be required; as a result, you must have access to a reliable vehicle. These positions involve flexible working hours.
YOUR DUTIES as a Process Engineering Analyst will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Perform investigative analysis of the raw performance data, analyzing performance patterns and trends, and identifying significant problem areas
- Use analytical methods to recommend and oversee logistical and process improvement
- Participate in the creation and implementation of process improvement solutions to identify opportunities for cost reduction at a national level, as well as evaluate cost reduction proposals and implement those that meet corporate approval criteria
- Develop and evaluate cost/benefits of alternatives and recommend changes to methods and processes and risk assessment
- Convert outputs from data analytics into actionable results with clear business story and recommendations that exemplify customer-focused solutions that will benefit corporate objectives
- Participate in, coordinate and/or lead national engineering systems studies for the design, optimization and implementation of new national end-to-end mail processing systems and processes, including the design of operational facilities, ensuring efficient material handling methods and economic use of equipment
- Apply the principles of Business Excellence and Process Management, and champion these disciplines in dealings with business partners and product/process owners
- Successfully manage projects (end to end) and adhere to project timelines
- Collaborate within the team and other cross-functional teams as the engineering lead, providing support and expertise to operational initiatives
- Perform technical reviews, evaluations, feasibility analyses, and process flow analyses of processes to develop, recommend and implement viable solutions to issues
- Apply knowledge of upcoming technological processing and product innovations to develop processing strategies for the future, including determining equipment and resource requirements, establishing process control requirements and conceptualizing practical processing applications
- Design and produce reports to assist functional groups to take the appropriate corrective action to resolve issues and support senior management decision-making
- Develop computer applications to expedite activities and maintain program documentation
- Maintain an awareness of the 'State of the art' technologies applied in the postal parcel industry and an understanding of future system requirements
- Contribute successfully to the team’s objectives.
You bring to the role of Analyst, Process Engineering, A SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD that includes:
- Bachelor of Engineering from an accredited university
- Registration with Professional Engineers Ontario as an EIT or an accredited P.Eng.
- 3 years’ experience in Continuous Improvement.
- 2 years’ related experience gained in the manufacturing or service industry
- Experience working within a unionized environment
- Above-average skills with MS suite of tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience analyzing data, preparing cost/benefit analyses, evaluating system proposals, and testing designs
- Strong interpersonal skills working in large teams and presenting in large environments
- Ability to communicate ideas and generate consensus
- Capability of managing multiple demands on time and competing resources, yet still delivering projects on plan
- Experience in business analytics
- A good understanding of data structures and typical analytical techniques used in the industry
- Working experience with query languages such as MS Access and SQL Server
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge of parcel processing systems and equipment used in eCommerce and logistics/courier industry
- Proven success with engineering and/or business-related projects.
- Green or Black Belt certification
- A second degree in a Business-related discipline.
Note: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
• A strong community of employees – Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
• The satisfaction of a job well done – You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this job via the Canada Post Careers website, please click here or on the URL provided.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.