Job ID: 2482 (multiple positions available)
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Under the direction of the assigned Manager is responsible for ensuring that all projects developed and administered by BC Housing comply with the appropriate Design and Construction Standards. Conducts detailed plan and specification reviews, conducts site inspections during construction and provides contract administration services. Monitors the work of inspectors, architects, other consultants and general contractors.
- Diploma from a minimum 2 year Building, Engineering or Architectural Technology Program or equivalent education to qualify as an Applied Science Technologist (graduate of an accredited building technology diploma program)
- Eligible for designation as an Engineer, Quality Surveyor, Architect, Architectural Technologist, or AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC)
- At least 2 years acceptable technologist work experience
- Considerable related field experience.
- Two years contract administration experience including significant experience with industry standard construction contracts.
Training an asset in the following:
- Project management
- Building envelope principles,
- Industry standards including regulatory requirements,
- Construction contract administration
- Recommended construction practices.
Or an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the organization
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and well-honed decision making skills
- Creative thinking and innovation skills; has demonstrated initiative carrying out roles
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good knowledge of the BC Building Code
- Ability to read and critique construction drawings and building envelope assessment reports
- A good understanding of Municipal approval procedures
- Experience inspecting buildings
- Ability to estimate construction costs for new construction, renovation and building envelope repair projects
- Proficiency in use and of MS Office applications and in Construction software
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence
- Willingness to travel on Commission business and work periodic evenings and weekends
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
** An eligibility list may be established **
Please see below for some useful information/tips regarding e-Recruit.
- Most people find answers to their questions related to e-Recruit at "https://www.bchousing.org/publications/ERecruit-FAQ.pdf" where you can check out help guides and FAQs.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.
- While we may receive applications from many qualified applicants, we will only be contacting those who are shortlisted.