Are you a forward-looking technical leader, equally comfortable managing day-to-day systems, preparing technical documentation and identifying new technology that would enhance production systems? If so, you’ll be a valuable addition to the Canada Post Pacific Processing Center team.
As a Technical Advisor, you will apply your engineering and technology skills and expertise in the development and support of production systems, processes and change requests for the Operations and Maintenance communities. It will be your responsibility to ensure that quality assurance is achieved and all the changes conform to audit standards and Canada Post processes.
This position involves frequent travel, and working flexible hours, including weekend work.
As a Technical Advisor, you will be expected to:
- Monitor day-to-day performance of national mail-processing systems and provide ongoing support to ensure that service level agreements are met.
- Develop technical documentation and troubleshooting guides.
- Identify and resolve system problems with the users and technical support groups.
- Oversee enhancements to existing production systems and processes by: establishing priorities and timeframes for enhancements based on user requirements; reviewing and approving the acceptance criteria for the testing and installation of system changes into production; and implementing processes to ensure all change initiatives conform to audit and control standards as well as Canada Post processes.
- Analyze all aspects of technological change as it relates to various corporate systems and processes, and ensure that management is advised of its impact.
- Review system change proposals provided by project teams and contractors to implement the optimal technical solution to meet Canada Post’s needs.
- Oversee the collection of data from production and perform data analysis required for various projects, to identify system issues, propose corrections and improvements, or conduct related studies.
- Collaborate with other functional teams (Process Engineering, Operations, Engineering Field Services, etc.) to develop and document change requests for vendors to resolve operational issues and implement process improvements.
- Create and execute a plan to integrate, deploy, test and validate vendor-initiated system changes prior to delivery to operations.
- Research new technology that relates to systems and processes, and recommend changes to production systems which will benefit from the advancements.
- Perform technical reviews and evaluations of vendor solutions to evaluate their feasibility and fit into Canada Post processes and systems.
The Technical Advisor we seek will have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering from an accredited university; a master’s degree would be preferred. Other relevant education (non-degree) might be considered in some situations.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the manufacturing or industrial sectors, including hands-on work with processing equipment in an operational environment.
- At least 4 years’ experience planning, organizing and monitoring projects based on approved timelines and established priorities, including the management of several resources.
- At least 4 years’ experience, with demonstrated proficiency in software acceptance testing and factory acceptance testing for computer systems.
- 3 years’ experience analyzing data and evaluating system proposals.
- 2 years’ experience in industrial process optimization.
- Relevant experience preparing technical documentation, including change requests, control system and process designs.
Less experienced applicants might be considered if all other factors align as requested.
Note: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
CAREERS THAT DELIVER
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
• A strong community of employees: Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
• The satisfaction of a job well done: You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this role (J0517-2746) via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URL below:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Des renseignements en français sur ce poste (J0517-2746) sont disponibles en ligne à postescanada.ca/carrieres.