Regarded worldwide as one of the best programs of its kind, IRAP is Canada’s premier innovation assistance program for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
We are looking for a seasoned industry professional absolutely enthusiastic about helping innovative Canadian companies grow and prosper. We need people who see the potential in a business and are driven to nurture it to the next level.
We are increasing our staff across the country and our clients need energetic and engaged professionals to guide them and invest in them as they grow. We are focused on results, but we aren’t afraid of risk. We are frank, but with a gentle helping hand.
Are you ready to be part of Canada’s tomorrow?
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates.
Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. Candidates with post-graduate degree or qualification in management/finance/commerce is preferred.
Recent and extensive industrial business experience as an entrepreneur or senior manager – preferably in SMEs – in clean-tech, environmental technologies, or alternative energy with focus in one or more of the following:
- Water quality management, wastewater treatment
- Air quality characterization and air emissions control, GHG/CO2 management technologies
- Environmental biotechnology, engineered wet-lands, environmental systems modeling
- Landfill, mine and oil well remediation, composting, forestry
- Alternative and renewable energy such as energy storage and solar, wind, biomass and geothermal systems
Recent and extensive private sector experience in developing and commercializing innovative products or services, with demonstrable outcomes and values for clients.
Experience in international business development and/or intellectual property management will be considered an asset.
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
Basic knowledge of NRC-IRAP's mandate, mission and business model.
Solid knowledge of project management.
Solid knowledge of SME management, marketing of technology and productivity increase.
Solid knowledge of developing, adapting and adopting technologies.
Advanced knowledge of technology, innovation and commercialization issues within the sector and of the region related to the position.
Management Services :
- Communication (level 3)
- Networking (level 2)
- Initiative (level 2)
Technology Extension :
- Conceptual & Analytical Ability (level 3)
- Client Focus (level 3)
- Results-Orientation (level 3)
- Teamwork (level 2)
For this position, NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile(s): Management Services; Technology Extension
View all competency profiles.
- This position is classified as a Research Council Officer (RCO), a group that is unique to the NRC. The RCO group uses a person-based classification system instead of the more common duties-based classification system. Candidates are remunerated based on their expertise, skill, outcomes and impacts of their previous work experience. The salary scale for this group is vast, from $49,670 to $140,418 per annum, which permits for employees of all levels from new graduates to world renowned experts to be fairly compensated for their contributions.
Condition of Employment
- Travel will be required.
- A valid driver's licence and access to the use of a vehicle are required.
- Reliability Status
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with NRC's directives.
- In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates are encouraged to provide, along with their résumé, a detailed covering letter explaining how they meet each of the requirements of this position (education, experience, language requirements) by providing concrete examples. In addition, the candidate is encouraged to describe in detail when, where and how he/she gained the experience.
- NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- This position is being advertised internally and externally simultaneously, however first consideration will be given to internal NRC applicants.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.