1. Develop complex tools, components and assemblies for programs with existing and new customers introducing new technology and accelerated development cycles.
2. Support Product Engineers by generating studies and concept sketches for the purpose of understanding, communicating or overcoming technical issues.
3. Setup and comply with best practice designs for tooling.
4. Using Polyflow software model the deformation of molten plastic pushed through an extrusion die.
5. Simulate the flow within the extrusion die, predicting the required die shape in order to obtain a desired extrudate shape.
6. Reduce the number of trial-and-error prototype trials through the flow analysis simulation software.
7. Complete correlation studies for product KOI's for process refinement.
8. Consult and collaborate with personnel on various Engineering and Design activities related to the product/process development.
9. Generate innovative solutions to resolve issues on projects and open potential avenues to new products/cost savings.
10. Execute complex calculations using product standards and individual knowledge.
11. Advanced understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing (GD+T). Able to independently devise dimensioning schemes that suit fit and function of parts while accounting for mating condition of other components in an assembly. Application of tolerance stack ups. Consideration for manufacturing and quality assurance capabilities should be evident in the dimensioning strategy and design. 1
2. Able to act as a liaison to customer/supplier, if placed in an off-site assignment.
13. Ensures accurate execution of assignments related to Engineering Change Notices while maintaining proper revision levels and change sequencing.
14. Advanced ability to perform CAD data transfers and translations
15. Identify and report any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
Knowledge and Education
* College Diploma/Certificate and/or Bachelor's Degree mandatory
* Minimum of 2-5 years of work-related experience.
* Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to understand problems, make decisions and exercise good judgement.
* Strong Knowledge of CAD software (Unigraphics and AutoCAD), 3D & 2D CAD procedures such as file creation, filing, file conversion and revision control required.
* A clear understanding of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) principles, an asset.
* Familiarity with QA techniques, IATF 16949 and APQP procedures and practices.