The Director is responsible for the operational management of SoBE graduate programs including the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, the Master of Business Administration, the Master of Science in Environmental Economics and Management, and the Master in Environmental Economics and Management. The Director is responsible for the operational management of the graduate programs in all delivery modalities; for providing leadership regarding student recruitment, marketing & promotion, program admissions and registration, student services and advising; and for special projects related to these programs.
- Develops the marketing, communication, advertising and recruitment strategy for graduate business programs and leads the domestic recruitment efforts for the programs. Collaborates with TRU World for the international marketing and promotion of the graduate programs.
- Represents the School of Business and Economics and the institution at recruitment events across Canada and around the world.
- Collaborates with the Office of Advancement for the development and maintenance of a vibrant Graduate Business alumni association.
- As a member of the SoBE leadership team, provides vision, direction and leadership for the delivery of the SoBE graduate programs.
- Provides operational leadership for admissions and registrations processes including program planning and advising, course selection, registration and billing processes for on-campus, online and blended modalities. Collaborates with counterparts in Graduate Studies, Registrar, Open Learning and Finance to develop and implement processes and policies for blended programs.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Dean, supervises the work of support staff.
- Provides leadership for graduate student services with an emphasis on the student experience and career development.
- Provides a leadership role in enrolment management for all of the graduate programs.
- Prepares annual reports for internal and external audiences; responsible for internal and external reporting as related to graduate programs; responsible for the preparation of statistical data and reports. Coordinates that the appropriate data is communicated to the constituencies and accrediting organizations.
- Establishes long and short-term objectives for the operations related to graduate programs that are consistent with the strategic goals of the school and the university.
- Liaises with academic program committees as related to the refinement of existing operations and processes and ensures that program implementation, delivery and student services support the learning goals of the program.
- Collaborates to ensure accurate information in the University Calendar, course schedules, website and other University publications.
- Participates in development and maintenance of university wide assessment plan for continuous improvement.
- Administers projects and work as requested by the Dean.
Dean, School of Business and Economics
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline (preferably an MBA) from an accredited University
- Five (5) years' related experience, preferably in the post-secondary system
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to travel extensively
- Demonstrated ability in strategic thinking, operational excellence and professional competitiveness and collaboration
- Strong diplomatic, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the creation and use of spreadsheets, templates and website-related information
- Demonstrated project management experience, including the ability to set realistic goals and time lines and work independently to achieve these