Under the leadership of the Care Manager provides leadership, support, direction and supervision to nursing staff on an ongoing basis, and to other care team members as required. Responsible to attend and actively participate in assigned committee meetings. The Care Coordinator accepts responsibility for continuing competencies through ongoing professional development including participation in education programs, research and continuous quality activities. Adheres to the Canadian Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses and Newport Harbour Care Centre policy and procedure manuals. Is responsible and accountable for his/her nursing practice as defined by the CARNA (College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta) and for ensuring that registration is current and valid.
Key aspects of this role:
- Develop, supervise, and oversee 12 staff per day on your Nursing Team.
- Work with 71 Residents and their loved ones, ensuring optimal care is given at all times.
- Active member of the Leadership Team at Newport Harbour Care Centre.
- Opportunity to develop your own team.
Ideal candidates should be:
- Familiar and comfortable with MDS RAI
- Creative problemsolver
- Posses strong leadership skills