Touchstone Institute is currently recruiting Registered Nurse Examiners for the 2017 Alberta Registered Nurse Assessment Program (ARNAP).
Examiner Training and Assessment Date Information:
- Examiner Training – June 16, 2017, 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Assessment Day – June 17, 2017, 7 am – 5 pm
The exam date consists of 2 OSCE administrations and will run a full day (approx. 7:00am – 5:00pm)
- Examiner training is mandatory – details to follow.
Examiners will be paid a total of $600 for Examiner Training and the Exam Day
All exams will be held in Calgary at the Medical Skills Centre, Foothills Medical Centre, University of Calgary
Examiner Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum attained education: Four year undergraduate degree in nursing
- Current RN registration in good standing with CARNA (i.e., no professional conduct concerns or terms, conditions or limitations on practice)
- Recent clinical nursing experience as an RN in Canada (i.e., within the past year)
- Proficient understanding of national RN entry-to-practice competencies
- Accurate contact information as per CARNA registration (must have current email address)
- No recent involvement with CARNA committees (i.e., within 5 years)
- No recent employment with CARNA (i.e., within 5 years)
- No perceived conflict of interest with external interest groups (i.e., nursing placement and recruitment agencies)
- Commitment to full participation in each session.
If you are interested in applying to be a nurse examiner, please submit a written summary outlining your interest and how you meet the Examiner Eligibility Criteria to Touchstone Institute at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org