Sunrise Village Encore Olds (proudly owned by Seasons Retirement Communities) is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual to fill the role of Clinical Nurse Educator. The successful candidate will be a shared resource between Sunrise Village Encore Olds and Sunrise Village Olds and will be collaboratively responsible for the development, implementation, presentation and evaluation of educational programs in order to meet the learning needs of the staff in all departments. The successful candidate will also possess demonstrated skills, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Identification of staff learning needs
- Staff development
- External agency collaboration
- Regulatory Compliance
- Role model and provide leadership for safe work practices
- Collaborate with the Clinical & Quality Manager to identify goals and objectives
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications or Skill Required:
- Graduate of a recognized Registered Nurse (RN) program, Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is considered an asset
- Active registration with CARNA
- Gerontology nursing experience preferred
- Previous experience in adult education would be an asset
- Experience in creating and developing presentations
- Previous experience in public speaking and conducting presentations
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and multitasking skills
- Excellent computer skills proficient in Microsoft Office including Power Point and Publisher
- Exceptional customer service, public relations and leadership skills
- Professional office, phone and email etiquette
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written English
- Ability to work to full scope of practice
- Effective interpersonal skills with staff, residents and team members
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Discretion with respect to confidentiality
- Flexible hours to meet the educational needs of staff, which may include occasional evenings, weekends, and night shifts
- Current CPR & First Aid
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required. Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in the position at Seasons Retirement Communities!
Please go to the Careers page of our website to apply.
Thank you - we look forward to meeting you!