We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned health professional to join our team! This unique part-time role will focus on working with retired populations to promote and sustain healthy lifestyles. To be successful, the candidate will champion innovative and customized health strategies to help groups of individuals maintain and enhance their health status; provide subject matter expertise regarding health-related services; communicate, collaborate, engage and educate; mobilize groups to action, provide leadership; and, positively influence health in this specialized portfolio.
The successful candidate will be available to work part-time hours (approx. 18 hours per week), Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m and 4:30 p.m.
Our team members are equally adept at taking the lead in facilitating an initiative or rolling up their sleeves to contribute. Incorporating concepts from community health development, the Health Advisor will:
- Assess the collective health status of covered members, analyze information, make recommendations and identify options or solutions.
- Create and implement customized, innovative strategies, programs, tools and resources to encourage and sustain action on health by groups of individuals.
- Work with client groups to monitor progress towards a stronger health status.
- Develop and facilitate presentations for a variety of audiences.
- Deliver health clinics (i.e. body composition).
- Identify priorities, plan and integrate multiple projects with vision and strategy, ensuring growth and expansion of services occur seamlessly while maintaining existing core services.
- Participate in operational continuity planning and coordination of workflow.
- Maintain current awareness and understanding of issues that contribute to health and well-being.
- Build health resources and a body of knowledge that can be shared with covered members.
- Raise ASEBP’s profile as a health organization.
Your Education and Experience
- University degree and a professional designation in a health-related field.
- Minimum five years of work experience.
- Experience working with retired populations.
- Experience working with leaders and groups to strategically influence the health of a population.
- Experience in community engagement activities and complex health initiatives.
- Background in the development of health resources.
- Experience with an action learning and action research approach.
- Solid track record of building relationships.
- Background in diabetes or mental health care considered an asset.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Unique Working Conditions
You will have a chance to work with groups across Alberta and some in British Columbia, so travel is a requirement of this position.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to become a member of our team, please submit your resume, quoting competition number #17-18, to:
No phone calls please. We thank all interested individuals, but only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. ASEBP is an equal opportunity employer.