We are currently accepting applications for a regular part-time Research Nurse (0.5 FTE). Reporting to the Nursing Manager, the Research and Clinical Trials Nurse collaborates with principal investigators and study sponsors assuming responsibility for overall patient management and coordination of study activities within EFW Radiology.
- Reviews research studies prior to EFW participation ensuring that all relevant stakeholders have been consulted, financial impact to EFW has been assessed, and regulatory and ethical approvals are in place prior to the commencement of the study;
- Assists internal investigators with obtaining ethics and regulatory approvals as needed;
- Oversees participation in all approved studies including but not limited to:
- Collaborating with physicians to determine patient eligibility
- Reviewing study objectives with potentially eligible patients, recruiting patients for participation in approved initiatives
- Enrolling eligible patients in the study and ensuring all consents are valid and documented
- Coordinating patient visits in accordance to the study protocols
- Ensuring that all nursing and modality policy and procedural documentation is compliant with study requirements
- Monitoring the safety of each patient and collecting medical questionnaires as necessary
- Performing study-related procedures including phlebotomy, vital signs, ECG, etc. Ensures proper collection, processing, and shipment of specimens
- Monitoring patients enrolled in the study, identifying and implementing strategies to prevent deviations from protocols, and responding in a timely and effective manner to adverse events
- Compiling study data as set out by the principal investigator;
- Works with other members of the study team to ensure study performance meets or exceeds expectations;
- Works collaboratively with other health care providers to transition study protocols into new EFW patient programs or medical directives;
- Ensures that appropriate data sharing and custodial agreements are in place for exchange of data between U of C Researchers and EFW, where joint programme development is undertaken;
- Demonstrates EFW values of Compassion, Trust, and Meaning in the workplace;
- Adheres to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures as they relate to EFW, our patients and our employees;
- Undertakes other related duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred with current registration in good standing with CARNA;
- Clinical Research Coordinator certification along with three years of previous clinical research experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must be certified to draw blood;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in self-directed manner;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to use influence to get results;
- Ability to interact on a scientific level with physicians and other study sponsors;
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, efficient and able to multi-task and prioritize effectively;
- Effective trouble-shooting and decision making skills, able to escalate response to situations when relevant;
- Proven project planning and coordination skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to exercise autonomous clinical critical thinking skills;
- Detailed knowledge of research rules and regulations including obtaining ethics approvals;
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Ability to maintain meticulous records for clinical trials and research projects, including case report forms, regulatory documents, correspondence, etc.
EFW strives to deliver healthcare with compassion, earn the trust of referring physicians, and provide careers with meaning.
If you are interested in the above position, have the required qualifications, are dedicated to quality patient care, and want to be a member of a team of dynamic health care professionals, please forward your application in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.