EMPLOYEE CARE PARTNER OPPORTUNITY
Required at a newly built community Pioneer House (opening late spring).
Managed by Connecting Care – a leader in seniors’ supportive housing management in Alberta.
Fulfilling this Care Partner Role
To ensure that we have the right person with the right knowledge to fulfill this role, the following is required:
• Grade 12 Diploma or recognized equivalent is required. Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English.
• Graduate of a recognized RN program is preferred.
• Registered and in good standing with their Licensing Body (CARNA)
• Valid Certification in First Aid and CPR.
• Experience in providing palliative care services.
• Preference will be given to individuals with experience in understanding people with various care needs.
•Supervision/leadership/facilitation/resolution experience required.
• Experience with proven performance in clinical practice.
• Able to prioritize, re-adjust routines, and deal with repetitive activities.
• Ability to effectively deal with difficult and/or crisis situations.
• A career that is free from abuse, neglect, and professional nursing license violations.
• Knowledge of services, assessments and care planning, and all applicable and federal regulations, guidelines, and policies.
• Commitment to Person Directed Care approaches.
• Patience, active listening skills, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility and a willingness to modify role duties for the overall good of the Community and the Residents.
• Demonstrates an awareness of accident and injury prevention; adheres to safe work practices and procedures.
Wage: $33 – 36/hour (to be negotiated)
Submit applications to: Marylou.Duncan@connectingcare.ca
Only successful applicants will be notified.