DIRECTOR OF CARE – Extendicare Eaux Claires
Applications are invited for the permanent and full-time position of Director of Care for our 180 bed Continuing Care facility in Edmonton, Alberta.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic and innovative professional who is committed to providing leadership and direction for nursing and health disciplines in a manner that builds a facility culture and team that
- values and promotes the highest quality care outcomes for each resident;
- is based on customer service and satisfaction principles and
- values and recognizes the professional contribution made by each member of the health care team.
Reporting to the Administrator, a member of the facility Leadership Team, the Director of Care is responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care within the facility to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements. This role incorporates a lead role in educational initiatives in the facility.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Administrator.
- Registered Nurse: Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, Certification in Gerontological Nursing desirable
- Membership with or eligibility for membership with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- Previous 3-5 years’ managerial experience in long-term care as well as knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education
- Effective human relation and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
Please forward your resume prior to May 1, 2017 in confidence to the attention of:
Michel Belanger, Administrator
Extendicare Eaux Claires 16503 95 Street Edmonton, AB T5Z 0G7
INQUIRIES : (780) 472.1106 or, FAX:(780) 472.1503
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all candidates for your interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.