About the Role
At Bethany, a career as a Clinical Educator is both personally and professionally challenging and rewarding. As a key member of our team, the Clinical Educator is responsible for collaborating with stakeholders in the development and implementation of internal and external training and ensuring the ongoing education and development of all Bethany employees.
This position is located within Bethany's Specialized Complex Dementia Program. MDE (Managing Dementia with Expertise) is a Specialized Dementia Transition Unit that serves all of Southern Alberta. The team of skilled professionals help individuals and families work through the challenges presented by this complex disease, with the goal of stabilizing behaviors so the individual can move to a more traditional care environment.
What You Will Do:
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Clinical Educator is accountable for practicing outstanding care and support to residents, resident families, team members and volunteers to the full scope of professional nursing practice, and to ensure that their conduct meets the standards of the profession and of Bethany Care Society to deliver resident centered care planning, implementation and evaluation.
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care - : Promotes service excellence through coordinating the assessment, planning, design, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of clinical education programs and policies to promote resident centered care.
- Documentation: Accurate, comprehensive, and timely documentation of education records, statistics, evaluations and reports.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists other employees to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care.
What You Bring:
- Graduated from an accredited Nursing School with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Active Registration and in good standing with CARNA
- 3-5 years nursing experience required.
- At least 3-5 years specialized dementia experience is required.
- Degree or Certificate in Adult Education would be considered an asset.
- Gerontology Nursing Experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English..
- Current CPR certification required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of RAI/MDS 2.0 tool, computer skills and electronic documentation is preferable.
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team?
Apply Online before 23:00 on August 11, 2017 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
All Bethany staff members are required to complete a Criminal Background Check.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential