Community Nurse Manager – Calgary AB
RN with Psychiatric experience OR Masters of Social work REQUIRED
If you’re a strategic thinker that likes to plan, deliver, and evaluate specialized residential care services and programs, CBI Health Group has an exciting career opportunity for you.
As Community Nurse Manager, Residential Homes, for CBI Home Health Alberta, you will be responsible for the implementation of strategic objectives and operational plans to provide effective and efficient delivery of residential care that meets CBI’s policies and health priorities. The Manager will also supervise, direct, and organize the employees and clients that are assigned to them.
As Community Nurse Manager, Residential Homes, you will:
- Be responsible for the care and well being of the client(s)
- Implement and follow through with the client’s identified care plan
- Work with the Team Leader in achieving the client’s expected outcomes
- Attend house or team meetings as required
- Attend client medical appointments as required
- Assure that proper client documentation is being followed by regularly reviewing client logbooks, flow sheets, or any other client-centred documents. This may be in conjunction with supervising Team Leaders on an as-needed basis.
- Liaise with other internal and external allied health professionals, Community Services Workers, schools, employers, or other resources associated with the client
- Provide weekly client updates to the Director, Operations
- Ensure the Client Management Log is updated as necessary
- Ensure Incident Reports are completed in an accurate and timely fashion and that they are forwarded to the necessary parties.
- Directly supervise Team Leaders and care staff
- Recruit, orient, and performance manage staff
- Ensure all employees are following CBI’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees have completed required training and documentation i.e. First Aid, CPR, Intervention Record Check, and Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI)
- Monitor and optimize staffing models with the Team Leader
- Ensure on time and high quality service tracked through key performance indicators reported daily/weekly/monthly as established
- Mentor, develop, and coach employees to achieve high team and individual performance
To take on the role of Community Nurse Manager, Residential Homes, you must:
- Be a Registered Nurse with a background in psychiatric nursing preferred
- Have progressive management experience
- Have strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate and delegate
- Have the ability to promote team building while understanding that decisive action is required
- Have effective conflict resolution and mediation techniques
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have well developed observational and interpretive skills to support service integration, delivery and operational review and analysis
- Have the ability to find creative solutions to problems and to develop alternative strategies to support quality improvement initiatives
- Possess a valid driver’s license and daily access to a dependable vehicle for work related travel
- Be able to meet conditions of employment including but not limited to: active Standard Frist Aid/CPR (Standard or level C is preferred), immunizations, a clear security clearance including vulnerable records check and intervention records check
- Be proficient with a number of computer software programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and scheduling system
To apply for this position, submit your resume to Carmen Jiwani at email@example.com stating “Community Nurse Manager, Residential/Transitional Homes” in the subject line. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.