Requisition #: 452224
Title: Patient Care Manager
Location: U of A Hospital, Edmonton
|We care for people. Together
The University of Alberta Hospital (UAH) is one of Canada’s leading clinical, research and teaching hospitals, treating more than 700,000 patients annually from western and northern Canada. Within the UAH is Transplant Services, which is the 2nd largest transplant program in the country and 6th in the world, offering a wide range of cadaveric and living donor transplant procedures for adult and pediatric patients. Some specific transplant programs include kidney, liver, heart, lung, pancreas, small bowel, eye, tissue, and the largest islet transplant program in the world. Operating under the scope of Transplant Services is the Comprehensive Tissue Centre (CTC) and Northern Alberta Human Organ Procurement and Exchange (HOPE) programs. Together, HOPE and CTC are responsible for organ and tissue donation within Northern Alberta. The University of Alberta Hospital’s Transplant Services Department exemplifies Alberta Health Services culture and values along with a philosophy of patient-and-family-centered-care.
The Patient Care Manager (PCM) of Transplant Services, reports directly to the Director of Transplant Services. In this position you will be responsible and accountable for providing direction, leadership and organization over patient care activities and administrative operations in support of the vision and mission of Alberta Health Services. You will be accountable for the performance and results of staff and will provide guidance by following policies and best practices. In this position you will be responsible for operationalizing departmental plans to address service challenges as well as developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders in order to provide leadership to the patient care service. Regular interactions are required with transplant satellite centres in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia. There is also an expectation as the PCM that you will represent the Transplant Services program at Provincial and National committee levels.
- Oversee 5 organ specific programs ensuring they support the overall Alberta Health Services vision.
- Identify key challenges and opportunities and provide leadership to support the development of innovative approaches in ways that enable the achievement of Transplant Services vision and long term goals.
- Provides leadership to employees consisting of professional and non-professional health care occupational groups ensuring the most effective and efficient delivery of patient care is provided
- Promote an environment where team members are encouraged to develop their skills and knowledge to meet patient and family care needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required.
- Master's preparation in nursing, health or business is preferred.
- 5 years previous management experience in a tertiary care, teaching hospital is required.
- Acute Operational Management experience within the last 10 years is preferred.
- Previous experience working with transplant patients is preferred.
Please send all applications to the Alberta Health Services Career site located here.