Reporting to the Compassion House Foundation Executive Director, the Mental Health Manager is a full time (37.5 hours/week) position that is flexible to meet the needs of women journeying through cancer.
Through this new initiative, participants (guests and former guests of Sorrentino’s Compassion House) will have access to mental health support that offers therapeutic services - one to one, groups and workshops. The purpose of the program is to support women through the distress of the cancer journey by identifying needs, strengthening knowledge of coping skills, connecting them to resources in their home communities as well as active programming.
- In consultation with the executive director, develop Mental Health Services for Compassion House Foundation. The program plan includes outcome measures, policies, procedures, related forms, evaluation and reporting processes;
- Guest program development, implementation and evaluation;
- Assist the executive director in monitoring guest services from a quality assurance and risk management perspective;
- Conduct formal one-to-one therapeutic sessions with guests (and possibly family members) of Sorrentino’s Compassion House;
- Facilitate group programming at Sorrentino’s Compassion House and in key communities outside Edmonton focusing on mental health issues related to a cancer diagnosis, treatment and life after treatment;
- Participate in planning retreats and conferences (We Can Weekend) for women journeying through cancer;
- Follow up with guests of Sorrentino’s Compassion House once they return home and help to connect them with community resources where available;
- Facilitate the navigation of potentially complex systems to access community support services across central and northern Alberta;
- Engage in a process of continuous learning and professional development;
- Cultivate an environment that promotes positive mental health within a holistic care model;
- Build strong working relationships and contribute to a positive working environment;
- Post-secondary education - BScN in Psychiatric Nursing, Master’s degree in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology
- Minimum 5 years recent experience;
- Understanding of the unique needs of cancer patients;
- Program development, implementation and evaluation;
- Understanding of rural Alberta (resources and uniqueness’s);
- Registered with an applicable licensing association. Require practice permit;
- Experience working with cancer patients and understanding the effects of cancer medication is an asset;
- Police Security Check required.
The office is in Sorrentino’s Compassion House 10909-76 Ave, Edmonton
To best meet the needs of house guests, the hours of work are flexible late afternoon to early evening. Some weekend work is required.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Mellissa Kraft, Executive Director
Compassion House Foundation
Salary Range: A competitive salary will be offered dependent on education and experience.
Closing date: Until a suitable candidate is found.