Project Coordinator, R11, Regular, Full-Time - Vancouver
Salary: $41,595.74 - $47,060.66 annually
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
The Project Coordinator is an integral member of Corporate Projects responsible for delivering projects of varying size and complexity.
The Project Coordinator provides technical project management coordination for complex, large-scale projects throughout the project management life-cycle (i.e. initiation, planning, execution, control and close-out) and is responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
Contact: Richard Kimm-Jones, Senior PMO Analyst
Phone: 604 252-3045
Visit Careers at http://www.bcldb.com/about/careers
Education & Recent, Related Experience:
- Successful completion of a post secondary diploma or degree in a related discipline.
- Significant recent, related administrative experience in a high volume office environment with:
- Experience working in a project management department or as part of a Project Team within a large organization OR successful completion of project management courses.
- Completion of courses in accounting/budgeting or experience working with financials/budgets in a large organization.
- A Project management certification is considered an asset
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Exposure to and knowledge of project management principles and practices
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong presentation/facilitation abilities.
- Ability to work independently and achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Proficiency with MS Office (in particular PowerPoint).
- Ability to demonstrate basic understanding of SharePoint and MS Project Server.