Ministry of Finance
Managing Director, Regulatory Initiatives
$100,000.03 - $125,000.10 Annually
One position available - location can be either Victoria or Vancouver
Bring your expertise to this key leadership role.
The Financial Institutions Commission (“FICOM”) regulates the pension, financial services and real estate industries in British Columbia. This regulation is designed to protect the public against the insolvency of financial institutions, prevent improper market conduct in the financial services and real estate sectors, provide deposit insurance for members of B.C. credit unions and ensure the solvency of pension funds. The Financial Institutions Division administers a system of regulatory rules governing prudential and market conduct of credit unions, trust companies, insurance companies, captive insurance companies and other financial entities.
For more information on FICOM and current opportunities, please visit the FICOM webpage.
The Managing Director, Regulatory Initiatives directs staff, contractors and other resources required to identify, plan, implement and evaluate the success of regulatory initiatives including the design and delivery of the Financial Institution Division’s (FID) crisis management and resolution framework.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduate degree or designation in economics, finance or law;
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience in a risk or regulatory management environment within the financial services sector.
- Experience in managing multi-faceted projects.
- Experience in leading and managing stakeholder consultations, both internally and externally, at a senior level.
- Preference given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in the development and execution of multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Preference given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in the development of financial sector management frameworks and/or protocols
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by May 17th 2017, please visit: