WCMRC is recruiting for a Temporary Full Time Project Coordinator to join our Corporate Projects team, located at our corporate office in Burnaby, B.C. This is a one year contract position, with potential for renewal based on continuing business needs. This position will be particularly appealing to an individual who enjoys the fast pace associated with staffing up a dynamic, growing organization.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Projects, the Project Coordinator will:
- Coordinate all equipment and vessel build activities, specifically:
- Coordinate the scheduling of equipment build activities;
- Coordinate all equipment delivery and commissioning activities;
- Provide and maintain accurate equipment build schedules and timelines;
- Work with the Project Controller to ensure accuracy in equipment schedules and timelines are tracked against the Baseline;
- Maintain equipment vendor contracts and supporting documentation
- Facilitate progress reporting progress with equipment vendors;
- Coordinate change requests between equipment vendors, shipyard site teams and project team;
- Ensure the quality of products, materials and workmanship delivered to site are to the standards specified in the construction documents.
To be successful in this role you will have a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management. You will bring a minimum of 3 to 5 years of demonstrated experience supporting project managers in project delivery, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PMP designation, previous experience in the marine industry or shipbuilding experience an asset. You will need to be a collaborative team player, able to coordinate and interact with multiple people and projects, and skilled at managing changing and shifting priorities. In addition, high attention to detail, excellent communication and presentation skills, and computer proficiency with all MS Office applications, including MS Project, PowerPoint and Visio, is required.
At WCMRC we value open and honest communication that fosters a climate of trust, integrity in all our business practices, success through competency, creativity and teamwork, and being a steward of the environment. We believe that putting our values into practice creates long-term benefits for our employees, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers and the communities we serve.
If you share our company values and have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, send a cover letter and detailed resume.
We thank you in advance for your response and regret that only those individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find out more about us, visit our website at http://wcmrc.com/careers/?ja-job=16007