The communities of Perth and Smiths Falls are seeking a full-time Internal Medicine Specialist, with or without subspecialty. You will be one of three internists providing community and hospital-based consultative services at both the Perth and Smiths Falls sites.
The Perth Smiths Falls District Hospital is a two-site, 85-bed, community hospital, serving a regional population of 44,000.
We are located along the Rideau Canal in the beautiful Rideau Lakes Region (Ottawa 78 km/Kingston 98 km/Montreal 245 km).
- Current staffing = 2 General Internists
- 1-in-3 on call (low call volume)
- 24/7 Emergency and laboratory services
- Level 2, ICU (4 bed units @ each site)
- CT/PACs/EMR (Meditech)
- Excellent surgical specialty support available locally: Anesthesia/General Surgery/Obstetrics/Gyne/Ortho/Urology
- Established referral protocols with local tertiary care centres 1 hour away in Kingston and Ottawa
- Formal affiliation with Queen’s University Faculty of Medicine/teaching opportunity
- Fully independent registration (or eligible for) with College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Certified by (eligible for) the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Must be willing to relocate to the community
613 285 5057
Town of Perth: http://www.town.perth.on.ca/
Town of Smiths Falls: http://www.smithsfalls.ca/
Rideau Heritage Route: http://www.rideauheritageroute.ca/en/