The GPO will work with our medical oncologist and a dedicated oncology nursing staff. The duties of the GPO include:
- patient assessment, review of investigations, ordering and supervising chemotherapy and systemic therapies
- providing pain symptom management and supportive care
- providing coverage in oncologist’s absence
Local oncology and palliative care resources include:
- Diagnostic Assessment programs for breast, prostate, colorectal and lung cancer
- A Patient Navigator, oncology pharmacist, and outpatient oncology pharmacy
- An exceptional local palliative care team
- 6500 treatments per year
- Excellent specialist support available (including General Surgery, Urology, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, advanced Radiology capabilities with MRI, CT, Ultrasound)
- Affiliation with the London and Windsor Regional Cancer Programs
Candidates must have an interest in oncology and palliative care, have their CCFP and be eligible to be registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Remuneration is fee for service.
Bluewater Health operates 320 beds at hospitals in Petrolia and Sarnia. We are award winning and Accredited with Exemplary Standing. We offer an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services including:
- fully staffed 24 hour emergency department
- Affiliation with Western University as a teaching site for medical students/residents
- Full spectrum of specialists available 24/7(neurosurgery not available)
We are committed to improving the patient experience using engagement, Lean, and innovation.
Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the border to Michigan, Sarnia offers excellent quality of life, sports, sailing, arts and culture, education, state of the art health care, and beautiful natural environment.
To apply, please send CV and references to:
Dr. Michel Haddad, Chief of Professional Staff
Phone: 519-464-4400 ext 4534