- Permanent part time or full time (0.8FTE - 1.0FTE)
- Exciting opportunities for leadership and service development
- A motivated and collegial team of skilled medical professionals
- Live and work in one of New Zealand's most beautiful regions
Are you ready for the next big adventure in your career and your life?
Nelson Marlborough District Health Board is the main health service provider for New Zealand's Nelson, Tasman and Marlborough regions, serving nearly 145,000 people across two hospitals, public health and a range of community services.
Working in a close-knit team of motivated young professionals, you'll be full of energy and enthusiasm and have an innovative streak when it comes to spotting opportunities for service development. You'll be based in a teaching hospital, so you'll have plenty of scope to share your knowledge with younger staff, as well as begin to build your leadership skills.
You'll bring the following qualifications:
- FRACP or equivalent and vocational registration in New Zealand
- Specialist accreditation in gastroenterology recognised by the NZ Gastroenterology Society
- Current Annual Practising Certificate
- Training in General Internal Medicine (preferred)
- Ability to work independently as a consultant in a provincial hospital.
A background in general internal medicine would be ideal, as this will allow you to contribute to our acute roster and run outpatient clinics in gastroenterology and endoscopy. However, your leadership potential and drive for service enhancement is also important, so if your background is solely in gastroenterology this may still be the move for you.
It's an incredible opportunity for both your career and your own life. You’ll be based in Nelson, a creative, family-friendly city at the top of the South Island. The region is one of New Zealand's sunniest, and being in close proximity to ski fields, lakes, and three national parks, the options for activities outside work are limitless.
Take your career to the next level now - and step into a brand new life in the sun.
For further information, or informal discussions, please contact either:
Dr Pamela Hale - Head of Department, General Medicine firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosey Wilson - Service Manager Medical email@example.com
Applications must be lodged via the Nelson Marlborough Health Careers site.
Closing date: Sunday, 22 January 2017 (unless filled prior).