Northern Health Authority is seeking family practitioners to provide locum coverage in Mackenzie, BC. This is an amazing (and lucrative) opportunity to work with a very supportive group in a beautiful community. The clinic is focused on quality care, not overall patient numbers and throughput, as it is an APP Contract based site. Locum durations are flexible – from a weekend to months.
- Guaranteed $950.00 per day that you work
- Additional on-call stipend (MOCAP) of
- $617 for each weekend day on call
- $435 for each week day on call
- Paid travel
- Rental car while in the community
- Free accommodation
- Passes for the recreation centre (swimming, skating, gym, etc.)
- Community/clinic expectation - approximately 40 patients per day
Choose from several options:
- OFFICE ONLY - No call, no ER, no ACLS required
- CALL WITH DEDICATED BACKUP – ideal for those who are hesitant about covering rural emergency. There will be a dedicated second on-call physician who will split the MoCAP payment and be available throughout the ER/call shift.
- REGULAR OFFICE/ER MIX - This is the typical ER office mix, a regular 1 in 4 call [GP office work, mixed with rural ER]. No dedicated backup although local physicians are happy to help with acute cases when necessary.
- ER ONLY - no office work/clinic duties. On call 24/7.
We have a very social clinic that enjoys dinners together and outdoor sporting activities such as quadding, hiking, skiing, boating, camping, snowshoeing and more.
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus and $15,000 Relocation Assistance is Available!
In order to be eligible for British Columbia licensure your postgraduate training must meet the requirements of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. Post graduate training must be obtained from an accredited and approved training program in a jurisdiction sanctioned by the College of Family Physicians of Canada. At this time, those countries are: Canada, USA, UK, Ireland, and Australia. Please visit the following website for further information. http://www.cfpc.ca/ProjectAssets/Templates/Column1a.aspx?id=280&langType=4105&terms=jurisdictions