Canada Diagnostic Centres is seeking a skilled and versatile radiologist for a rewarding and well remunerated career as a consultant within our growing outpatient clinic practice in Edmonton, Alberta.
Start date is flexible between July 1, 2017 and September 1, 2017
Successful candidates should:
- Be proficient in adult and basic pediatric radiography, including adult GI fluoroscopy;
- Be proficient in General body ultrasound, Obstetrical ultrasound, Vascular ultrasound, MSK ultrasound, and Breast ultrasound;
- Be proficient in or demonstrate aptitude for basic image-guided MSK and spine procedures for pain management, under both fluoroscopy and ultrasound as applicable;
- Be proficient in breast imaging and interventions, including tomosynthesis and ultrasound guided biopsies;
- Have some experience with or be willing to learn and perform DEXA BMD (no special licensing is required in Alberta);
- Be comfortable in the clinical care of patients as required including history, physical exam, and counselling, including but not limited to women’s health issues;
- Be comfortable in the emergency care of unwell patients;
- Be able to successfully manage and cultivate relationships with fellow radiologists and staff, referring physicians, and patients alike.
Onsite training can be arranged for some of these areas. Our outpatient clinics in Edmonton do not have MRI or CT currently, but we welcome our Radiologists to do locums in these areas if they desire.
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Diagnostic Radiology
Up to date CPR certification
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta licensure or eligibility, Diagnostic Radiology (including full approval for ultrasound)
- Canadian Association of Radiologists mammography accreditation or eligibility
- CMPA membership
- Eligible for an Alberta Health and Wellness billing number and practitioner ID