Prince Edward Island
- lowest housing costs in the country
- a short commute to work
- a healthy and safe environment for families
COME LIVE ISLAND STYLE
Looking for a new and exciting career opportunity? Why not spend the spring/summer months in beautiful Prince Edward Island (PEI) for a change of pace and lifestyle? If you have never visited the Island, now is your chance—and if you have experienced all that the Island has to offer, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Here in PEI, your work will make a difference in the lives of Island families and their communities. You will find challenging work opportunities where you can put your health care experience and education to the test and deliver top quality care for Prince Edward Island residents.
PEI’s health care system is recognized for its integrated community and collaborative based care, and its province-wide, “One Island Health System.”
One of PEI's greatest assets is its people. Prince Edward Island residents are known as being some of the friendliest people in Canada. And, PEI health care providers are known for their tremendous, everyday efforts to provide quality, safe, and appropriate care for all Islanders.
Our collaborative health care teams may include family physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, diabetes educators, community registered dietitians, and admin staff.
Currently, Health PEI has locum opportunities for Family Medicine in the following areas:
-WEST PRINCE (Alberton)
-EAST PRINCE (Summerside)
-KINGS COUNTY (Souris and Montague)
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of licensing fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI and the Medical Society of PEI.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October – May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodation are the responsibility of the physician.
- View the Master Agreement between the PEI Medical Society, Health PEI, and the Government of Prince Edward Island for full benefit details (currently under negotiation)
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
- Must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as a minimum of 1-2 years of independent clinical experience working in Canada.
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-6302
Fax: (902) 620-3875