Prince Edward Island
- lowest housing costs in the country
- a short commute to work
- a healthy and safe environment for families
COME LIVE ISLAND STYLE
Are you an innovative healthcare leader ready to take on your next career challenge? Do you possess excellent communication and organizational skills? Are you engaging and determined to lead change and innovation within the healthcare industry? If so, we want to hear from you!
Health PEI is currently seeking a physician leader to assume the position of Medical Director at its largest multi-service acute care facility, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) located in Charlottetown, PEI. The Medical Director will provide leadership and expertise to the medical staff and work collaboratively with others in the Health PEI leadership structure. The Medical Director is expected to develop and demonstrate the capabilities of a leader as defined in the “LEADS” capability framework; “Leads Self, Engage Others, Achieve Results, Develop Coalitions, and Systems Transformation.”
The Medical Director is a critical member of Health PEI and the QEH management team, reporting directly to the Chief of Emergency Health Services, Long-Term Care and Hospital Services East, with matrix reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer; Chief of Mental Health and Addictions Services; and Chief Administrative Officer of Mental Health and Addictions Services. This position will assist Health PEI in accomplishing its goals and objectives, and will ensure effective policy improvement, human resource management, and quality monitoring/ improvement.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital is PEI’s largest hospital with 243 beds and is located in the province’s capital city, Charlottetown. It provides both community services and specialized provincial services, and supports in-patient and outpatient care. It employs 2,000 staff and has a medical staff of 197. The hospital includes a new Emergency Department, Ambulatory Care Centre, and a Perioperative Suite.
- License/eligibility to practice medicine in Prince Edward Island.
- CCFP certification or RCPSC fellowship is preferred.
- Experience in medical administration and additional training in physician management (CCPE certification, PMI or similar courses) or equivalent management education.
- A broad understanding of health care, involvement in acute care and managing the complex issues in the continuum of care.
- Broad knowledge, background, and interest and experience in clinical practice and use of best practice guidelines.
- Experience in management of quality initiatives using principles of quality management and implementing change.
- Working knowledge of Health PEI Medical Staff Bylaws and Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, Government of PEI and Health PEI.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
*Please send cover letter and CV to Sheila MacLean – email@example.com
For more information on the position:
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-6302
Fax: (902) 620-3875