The Brandon Anesthetic Group is currently searching for one full-time and one part-time Anesthesiologist to join our team. The Brandon Regional Health Centre is a 300-bed, regional referral centre for southwestern Manitoba and eastern Saskatchewan, offering a wide range of surgical specialties servicing a population of approximately 150,000.
Surgical specialties include general surgery, thoracic surgery, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics including spine surgery, ophthalmology, ENT and pediatrics cases with a daily dedicated fracture/emergency room on-call list and a pre-anesthetic assessment unit. On call coverage is one in six approximately. Payment is fee for service through Manitoba Health, with a stipend for on-call duties. Leave is 8 weeks per year.
The BRHA provides:
- 6 operating room surgical suites
- new anesthesia delivery units and electronic record keeping expected summer 2017
- onsite MRI, CT, Ultrasound, nuclear medicine and blood bank
- bronchoscopy and video laryngoscopy equipment
- neonatal icu
- adult medical/surgical ICU in a fully staffed 10 bed unit
- multi-disciplinary chronic pain program
- teaching opportunities through the university of Manitoba with residents in a satellite program onsite
The successful candidate will be:
- Eligible for licensure through the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (www.cpsm.mb.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org for requirements)
- A fellow in good standing of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (or equivalent) or proof of eligibility required.
Please submit letter of intent, CV and three letters of reference to:
Brandon Anesthetic Group
BRHA 2nd Floor
150 McTavish St East
Brandon Manitoba R7A 2B3