The Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in Trail is seeking to recruit a Child Psychiatrist to join their multi-disciplinary team and to help provide on call support at the local 12 bed facility.
In a diverse practice, the Child Psychiatrist will work collaboratively with inpatient psychiatry, Community Mental Health Centres and in consultation with our community-based service partners. A range of possible practice options are available and additional work can be made up by adding the following activities in varying combinations:
- Community child and adolescent mental health services in collaboration with the Ministry of Children and Family Development
- General adult psychiatry community mental health and inpatient services
- Developmental delay and mental health services
- Outreach and tele-psychiatry for children and adolescents services throughout the larger region
- Private child and adolescent psychiatry services in the community
Vacation ~ 6 weeks/year
The Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) is a 75-bed facility that offers specialist services, core medical services and advanced diagnostic services to the residents throughout the Kootenay Boundary Health Service Area. As one of four service area hospitals operating in the Interior Health Authority network of health care facilities, KBRH provides hospital services to a regional population base of approximately 80,000 people. Located between Grand Forks and Nelson, KBRH offers services including core physician specialties, 24-hour Emergency and Trauma Services, Level 2 Laboratory, Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Acute and Obstetrical Care, Orthopedics, Plastics, Urology, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, and Chemotherapy. KBRH is the regional base for the 24-hour High Acuity Response Team (HART) consisting of dedicated critical care transport nurses, and as required, respiratory therapists, who respond to support rural and remote clinicians in the transport and management of critically ill and injured patients. Transport is supported by BC Ambulance Services (BCAS) for major medical care with transfer to Kelowna that is 313 kilometers from Trail.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- CMPA coverage
- Hours of work: Flexible; .5 FTE in facility; private up to you
- On call requirements: 1:5 weekend with some vacation coverage (MOCAP funded)
- Payment Structure: Fee for Service
- Sessionals possible depending on services provided
- Estimated Gross Income: $250-300,000 (based on full time)
- Overhead: Please enquire
- Recruitment Incentive: $7,500 (.5 FTE)
- Relocation: $15,000 max
- Fee Premium: 11.34%
- Annual retention fee: $9,914
- CME funding: max of $6,600 after 4 years.
Trail is a safe, relaxed city with an immediate population of approximately 8,000 people and has a total regional catchment population of approximately 80,000.
The City of Trail is situated on the Columbia River in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia; it is a community with outstanding recreational facilities and an abundance of outdoor activities. In addition, it has an active art and culture community and a variety of service clubs and organizations.
For residents and visitors alike Trail offers a wealth of activities, from golfing and fishing to mountain biking, hiking, skiing and hockey. Not only is this Kootenay mountain town blessed with a central location and a temperate climate, but it is also a hotbed for technology, research and development. The Teck Lead-Zinc Smelter complex is located in Trail and drives the regional economy. The city is also home to the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital, the largest diagnostic and acute care hospital in the West Kootenays. Trail’s exceptional education, financial and retail services ensure that its residents have everything they need at their disposal without the need to travel outside of the region. Driving times to major centres are approximately five hours to Kelowna (309 km), eight hours to Vancouver (625 km), eight hours to Calgary (656 km), and three hours to Spokane, Washington (220 km).
Apply today to come live, work and play where others only vacation! It's Better Here!