Manager, Provincial Agencies – Cancer Care Ontario/Related Programs
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Are you an innovative, results-oriented leader who has strong relationship management abilities? If so, consider this exciting opportunity!
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Provincial Programs Branch is looking for a dynamic leader to provide strategic management of the Provincial Agencies Unit, which is responsible for the planning, oversight and funding of Cancer Care Ontario and other related health care programs.
Provincial Programs Branch leads and supports system planning, service development and implementation of specialized programs that require provincial coordination, management and oversight. The branch provides funding and program management to selected programs and organizations with a focus on negotiating and monitoring accountability agreements, stakeholder relations and issues management to align with organizational goals and deliver excellent health care services to Ontarians.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Manager, Provincial Agencies – Cancer Care Ontario/Related Programs, you will:
- Lead the oversight of health care programs to ensure all applicable legislation, regulations and directives are followed while fostering positive relationships with agency/program contacts.
- Oversee the development and implementation of accountability agreements regarding specific programs and services, including program updates/redesign, and negotiation of agreements.
- Create opportunities for effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to conduct joint planning and promote resolution of shared issues.
- Provide expertise, consultative advice and input to colleagues, ministry clients and broader health system stakeholders on developing and implementing programs and initiatives that align with government direction and priorities.
- Understand and make recommendations on how to use current levers (e.g. policy, regulatory environment, accountability framework) to ensure there is alignment and sustainability of programs.
- Oversee the development of submissions for Program Review, Renewal and Transformation (PRRT), Treasury Board, Policy Committees and Cabinet, including the overall identification of program requirements and the correlation of requests with government/ministry directions and priorities.
- Ensure consultation processes and partnerships are developed and maintained with colleagues in the Division, other divisions, and other ministries.
- Participate in Branch/Divisional/Ministry strategic planning and decision-making activities.
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated leadership experience in motivating and inspiring staff to accomplish and meet key ministry initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience providing innovative leadership and results-oriented problem-solving in a politically sensitive environment.
- You have been successful in promoting equitable practices that value diversity and inclusiveness in your work environment and support employee engagement.
- You have excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills along with a strong sense of political acuity to deal with a variety of large, complex and sensitive files.
Stakeholder Management and Communication Skills
- You have demonstrated superior written, oral and interpersonal skills and can influence and negotiate with partners and stakeholders to find collaborative solutions for complex issues.
- You have demonstrated stakeholder management skills with the ability to establish and maintain credible relationships with senior management, clients and partners.
- You can effectively manage expectations and anticipate and resolve major obstacles and conflicts.
- You have experience managing sensitive and contentious issues.
- You have or can quickly acquire knowledge of the:
- ministry's strategic direction, mandate, initiatives and programs,
- government decision-making processes and approvals,
- government agenda, priorities and the ministry's vision.
- You have knowledge of provincial agencies and their relationship to government.
- You have or can quickly acquire knowledge of Ontario’s health care sector, including in areas of governance, legislation, major trends and key issues.
Salary range: $99,005 - $113,156 per year
Location: 56 Wellesley Street West, Toronto
Duration: 1 Temporary (18 months)
Please apply online, only, by Friday, May 19, 2017, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=107716. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.